Feb 25, 2011

Wide left and extreme right!

Sigh, the very word 'right' brings to me, the memories of one David Beckham, who on his day could well score a goal virtually any tattoo parlour in this galaxy, universe, whatever.I guess Rooney, after the success of hitting a goal(the one he slipped on the banana and got airborne) wanted to, let's say 'take it to another level' and tried to set new champions league standards by trying a goal from the halfway."Just buck up mate" that's what my friend said and I couldn't agree more.

                                     On different fronts : Rooney and Nasri

Anybody would be off their mind if they said Wayne Rooney was in, anyway(!) similar to Samir Nasri except for the fact that they are human(I'm not sure about Rooney being a footballer anymore!). Effortless, magnificent play by the Frenchman. Oh boy, he was tortured to the highest possible level, shifting from the left to the playmaker role and then eventually ending up on the right; but I'd bite my head if anybody said he looked out of position at any moment(so much for the left side Arshavin!).

Edin Dzeko's scoring boots seems to have arrived from Germany. Shame not to have got a hat-trick. Mancity doing good on the European front, but as usual will fade away in the premierleague. Liverpool scrape through thanks to Dirk Kuyt's goal, nothing more to say on that front.

What a shame for Spurs to lose so badly. Blackpool sure are making a statement of intent on the premierleague. Personally, I was hoping Spurs to pip Arsenal at the start of the season, looks like my dreams are never going to come true.
P.S: Fabregas and Van persie have outlasted their warranty, but are back to the hospital! I could hear the long term patients making plans for Fabregas' birthday(May 4th).

Did-err Drogba? Unnecessary tinkering of the

forward line and now people are expecting Anelka to partner Torres upfront as the first choice strike pair. Don't ask me for reasons, Malouda is going to be sold(some Hercules), Terry to be replaced(?)...forgive me but all I can give is a "lol."

More news on the weekend fixtures coming up, till then Bye!