Feb 19, 2011

"EL" impacto

I'm sorry to all the Daddy Yankee fans...this isn't a tribute to him or anything to do with him. This is about someone who's 19 days old!

Did someone say "El Nino?" BULL'S EYE!!! I'd give you a million bucks if I had, but Abramovich sure has excess so you'd be better off knocking on his door. I frankly fail to understand why someone who's loaded with money and can get better players went for the Spaniard. I use the word "better" not in terms of talent but in terms of contribution to the team. Of course, Torres is a great striker, he's got great finishing, he's got pace......................yes, no one doubts all that, but is he really worth all that last day drama is what's pestering me. No doubt he will eventually settle down at Stamford Bridge, but I don't think it was a  good decision to go for him, especially in January.


Torres is used to play completely by himself upfront, that's what he's been doing for consecutive seasons and asking him to share the space all of a sudden is pestering. At Liverpool Torres had to only take the ball and punch it in, courtesy Gerrard and Kuyt. Torres' outings have been disappointing so far, looking completely out of place, whatever Mr.Ancelloti says.

 The main theme that provoked me to write this piece is if there was a need for a striker at all at the Bridge. If so, I fail to understand why Sturridge, who was showing real maturity on the ball was loaned out in the first place. Chelsea could have gone for Carroll and bought a creative player like Arshavin, if they really had to spend so much. You can't expect to keep world class players on the bench just because you want to prove your decision right.



On the whole, I think this is another egoistic effort to show that money can buy trophies, I wonder why people fail to look at Arsenal or United. For me, El Nino is a no-go at Chelsea and would only cause havoc to the team philosophy.

More about this at the end of season, till then wait and watch!

So long then,
Vinay